By interacting with TEDxKanke and our platforms, you agree to our terms, conditions, policies and guidelines.
You are responsible for reviewing any terms of third party sites that are linked through TEDxKanke platforms when viewing content or using TEDxKanke ’s browser extension.
Copyright issues and licenses
3. DMCA Notice.TED postsTED Talks and Content from around the world. While TEDxKanke strives to ensure all ideas posted are credible, based on facts and do not infringe on other people’s intellectual property rights, there may be an occasion when Content is provided by other parties, and/or may include material that infringes on the copyright of another third party. If this happens, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on any TEDxKanke Site infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that Content on TEDxKanke Sites infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send TEDxKanke a notice requesting the material be removed or access to it blocked.
TED posts content from a variety of sources and while we respect the intellectual property of others, occasionally content may be posted that contains copyrighted content. If you find infringing content, please follow these steps in order to file a DMCA notice.
The notice must include the following information:
- your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address
- sufficient detail identifying the copyrighted work alleged to have been infringed
- identification of the material that you claim to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to allow TEDxKanke to locate the material on the site
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; such as, “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.”
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; such as, “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- an electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner that is allegedly infringed.
All claims of copyright infringement should be emailed to email@example.com, or sent by mail:
Interacting with TEDxKanke sites and platforms
3. TEDxKanke Accounts. In some areas of TEDxKanke Sites, you may be asked to create an account, access information and or upload data to help use the TEDxKanke Site or application. These accounts are only available for individuals that are 13 and older, or 16 and older in the EU unless we have parental consent. If you create an account, you are required to provide complete and accurate information. If you have created an account and do not wish to access TEDxKanke Content, you may follow the user instructions applicable for that TEDxKanke Site or platform and/or ask us to manually deactivate your account. In case you have created a password, you should keep this confidential at all times. All TEDxKanke Sites must be used based on our guidelines and policies, and if TEDxKanke determines in its sole discretion that you are not using TEDxKanke Sites in the way it was intended, we have the right to deactivate your account at any time.
When creating a TEDxKanke account, please provide accurate information. If you do not abide by the guidelines provided, we have the right to deactivate your account at any time.
4. Posting Content.You represent and warrant that any material you post to TEDxKanke Sites, does not infringe another party’s intellectual property rights or any applicable national or local law that may apply regarding the posting of material. You also agree that any Content you post will not infringe on any third party right -- including copyright, trademark, patent, right of publicity or other intellectual property right, and will not slander, defame, libel or invade the right of privacy or publicity of any other person. If you submit any Content to TEDxKanke Sites (translations, questions, comments or otherwise) you understand and agree that it may be used by TEDxKanke for any reason throughout the world without requirement or consent, and that TEDxKanke may edit your Content as long as the meaning is preserved. You agree that you provide a license for TEDxKanke to use your Content worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free and perpetual, non-revocable license for TEDxKanke to use in whatever way TEDxKanke deems appropriate throughout the world in whole or in part, in any media platforms available now or developed in the future. You are required to follow and be familiar with the Community Guidelines. If you post material or misuse TEDxKanke Sites in a way that infringes on another party’s intellectual property rights, or these policies, you understand that we may remove the posting and that you agree to indemnify TEDxKanke based on the indemnification provided below.
We ask that you follow the guidelines, applicable law and respect the intellectual property of others when contributing publicly to any TEDxKanke platform. We may use edited parts of that content for other purposes.
Let's Stay in Touch!
Sign up below to be the first to hear details of upcoming TEDxKanke events, to receive ticket on-sale notifications and to share in the TEDxKanke story.
We take your personal data seriously. Read our data policy.
© TEDxKanke. All rights reserved. Powered by TheOS